Skip to content
Welcoming Immigrant Neighbors — Blount County
- to encourage dialogue about issues related to immigrants;
- to build better understanding among immigrants, their communities, and members of local receiving communities;
- to support and learn from immigrant communities as they engage in civic and political life;
- to promote more just and reasonable immigration policies;
- to partner and support local immigrants in connecting with community resources;
- and to foster a welcoming atmosphere in which all people are treated with dignity and respect.
Get involved! There are many ways to connect, engage, and contribute, including:
- Send us an email to receive occasional email with news and information about opportunities for service and advocacy on immigration issues.
- Learn from your own neighbors about the impact of our immigration policies.
- Contact local, state, and federal legislators to advocate for just policies related to immigrants and immigration.
- Donate to support critical needs of local immigrant families, community education and awareness programs, and other initiatives.
- Assist with ongoing interpreting/translating needs.